Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and GRANDPLATES LTD, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by GRANDPLATES LTD and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to GRANDPLATES LTD and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
1. All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of GRANDPLATES LTD, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner's prior written permission
2. You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
3. You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of GRANDPLATES LTD.
4. You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
a. in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person's use or enjoyment of the Website;
b. in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
c. making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
5. You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
6. You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provide when registering by updating your personal details to ensure we can communicate with you effectively.
7. We may suspend or cancel your registration with immediate effect for any reasonable purposes or if you breach these terms and conditions.
8. You may cancel your registration at any time by informing us in writing to the address at the end of these terms and conditions. If you do so, you must immediately stop using the Website. Cancellation or suspension of your registration does not affect any statutory rights.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
10. Any online facilities, tools, services or information that GRANDPLATES LTD makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. GRANDPLATES LTD is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
11. Whilst GRANDPLATES LTD uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
12. GRANDPLATES LTD accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
13. GRANDPLATES LTD reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
14. Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
15. We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
16. To the maximum extent permitted by law, GRANDPLATES LTD accepts no liability for any of the following:
a. any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
b. loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
c. any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
17. You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
18. These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
20. The Contract (Third Party Rights) (Scotland) Act 2017 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
21. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
22. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
23. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of Scotland and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
Vehicle registration purchases
24. Grandplates sell vehicle registration marks owned by private clients, unissued government stock and our own stock. Registration rights will be transferred upon confirmation of a customers purchase. Grandplates is the customer's sole recourse for all transactions. We do not act as agents for any other organisation. All purchases of registrations are conditional and are subject to availability and these terms.
25. The purchaser of a registration mark will submit the correct documentation within 28 days of purchase if they require Grandplates to transfer a registration mark onto their vehicle. Grandplates service period commences immediately after purchase. Under Distance Selling Regulations, if the buyer fails to proceed with the purchase/transfer of a registration mark after paying full or part payment or fails to supply the full documents required by DVLA, no part of this payment is refundable. Ordered numbers cannot be refunded or exchanged and cancellations are not accepted. Where an outstanding balance payment is not received a debt recovery company will be employed to recover any payments. There may be additional charges for these services which will be the customers sole responsibility. There is no cooling off period.
26. Any registration mark supplied on a certificate will need to be transferred to a vehicle by the expiry date of the certificate. This will be the responsibility of the purchaser. There are some registration numbers that Grandplates will not be able to supply on a certificate. In these circumstances the purchaser will be required to supply documents to allow the number/s to be transferred onto a vehicle.
27. Some certificates of entitlement or retention documents can be extended by Grandplates but these are limited to those where Grandplates is the purchaser on a certificate of entitlement or grantee on a retention document. If the certificate is one that can be extended, there will be a fee of £50 + VAT to extend the certificate for ten years. This is payable to Grandplates Ltd. Extending a registration certificate must be done before the certificate expires.
28. Many registration marks can be supplied on a certificate of entitlement within 3-5 working days but other types of transfer can take 4-6 weeks and all transfers can take up to 12 weeks in special circumstances. We will offer an approximate timescale for a transfer to be completed at the point of sale. This can vary due to many circumstances. It should be understood that where we are advertising a registration mark for a private owner, the mark is held by the owner until the transaction is complete and not by Grandplates. Slow action on the owner's part may occasionally cause delays. If we are unable to complete a transfer within 12 weeks of receipt of cleared funds and correct documentation from the purchaser, a full refund of all monies paid will be processed upon request.
29. Once a registration transfer has been authorised by the Department of Transport (DVLA Swansea), Grandplates is immediately free from all liabilities regarding the registration mark in question.
30. It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that the correct details are entered when purchasing a registration mark online and when speaking to a representative of Grandplates. The NATO phonetic alphabet or similar aid to clarity should be used when referring to the characters in a registration mark and conveying to Grandplates as letters of the alphabet may sound similar on the phone.
31. Some registration marks are subject to VAT. All registration marks sold are subject to Department of Transport fee.
32. Any full or part payment taken on a registration mark is non-refundable. If part payment is taken at the point of sale the balance will be due within 7 days unless alternative payment arrangements were made and confirmed by Grandplates in writing. Failure to pay the balance within the time limit will result in the forfeit of any monies paid and the registration mark will be made available for sale again.
33. If a customer pays a part payment on a registration mark and subsequently wishes to pay the balance on a credit or charge card, Grandplates is at liberty to surcharge the said customer at the rate charged to them by the payment /credit company in question.
34. All registration marks are sold subject to availability and although Grandplates checks the availability of every registration mark before advertising and selling, we cannot accept responsibility should the registration become unavailable for any reason. We acknowledge that occasional errors may occur. In these circumstances Grandplates will attempt to find a suitable replacement registration mark to offer the purchaser or refund the purchaser in full. Liability will be limited to a full refund. No claims for damages, interest on monies paid or any other expenses will be entertained by Grandplates for unavailability or any other reason.
35. Whilst nothing in these terms shall affect your rights as a consumer. Your rights under the Consumer Contract (Distance Selling) Regulations 2014 cease to apply upon accepting a contract to purchase the entitlement to display a registration mark. The provisions in the Distance Selling Regulations regarding cancellation and return do not apply to a personalised product such as a vehicle registration or a number plate. Such personalised products and services are exempt. Our services begin immediately and cannot be cancelled.
36. Prices may be subject to change without notice.
GRANDPLATES LTD details
GRANDPLATES LTD is a company incorporated in Scotland with registered number SC436182 whose registered address is Greenside Cottage, 120 West Main Street, Darvel, East Ayrshire, KA17 0EZ and it operates the Website www.grandplates.co.uk. The registered VAT number is GB 227433516.
You can contact GRANDPLATES LTD by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Create your own reg plate
Search over 50 million vehicle registration plates currently available to purchase at Grand Plates. We handle all registration assignments upon request and supply a set of acrylic plates if required.